We want to make St Ives Nursery the best possible environment for all our children to thrive, to maximise their opportunities for learning, and to achieve their full potential in every aspect of their development, during their time in our setting.
We want to make it a welcoming and supportive environment for all our customers and for every member of their families, so that they feel confident that their children are receiving the best possible care and education, and that their views are listened to, their wishes respected and their contribution recognised.
We want to make it a happy and rewarding place to work, so that each member of our staff team feels that their individual contribution is valued, their views heard and their personal and professional aspirations supported and encouraged.
In order to achieve this we will:
- Recognise and value every child as a unique individual with specific needs and talents, whilst keeping them safe, nurtured and stimulated to learn.
- Recognise and value the crucial role of parents/carers as partners and friends, and ensure they always feel fully involved in their child’s care and education.
- Recognise and value the contribution and support of outside agencies, welcome them into our setting and utilise their expertise at every opportunity. These include:
Our Early Years Foundation Stage Advisor
Our Area Special Educational Needs Coordinator
Early Years Support Teachers, Speech and Language Therapists,
Health Visitors, Educational Psychologists, and other specialists
The Local Authority Safeguarding Team
Our local Children’s Centre
- Recognise and value our colleagues in other pre-school settings our children may also attend, including nurseries and playgroups, and ensure that we establish and maintain good relationships and communication with them.
- Recognise and value our colleagues in our local schools, ensuring a smooth transition for our children when the time comes for them to move into the Reception class.
- Recognise and value the commitment of the nursery management team in working to achieve our vision, whilst at the same time ensuring the smooth day to day running of the nursery, and striving to ensure high standards are maintained at all times, through their own modelling of good practice in all their dealings with children, parents, staff and visitors.